Thailand – Singapore Third Country Training Programme Supported by Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) and Technical Cooperation Directorate (TCD), Singapore Organized by Prince of Songkla University
This training course aims to enhance national and/or regional capacity in prevention and control of vector borne diseases focusing in dengue fever and it is expected that at the end of the training, the participants would be able to:
- Understand the principles of global vector control, global strategy for dengue prevention and control, and dengue monitoring and evaluation – a research to policy;
- Explain the dengue diagnostics and new World Health Organization's dengue classification;
- Recognize the evidence-based interventions for dengue vector and disease control;
- Apply the practical points of data management and epidemiological analysis for dengue prevention and control;
- Discuss the outbreak case investigation, surveillance reporting system, emergency operative center, and rapid response team. (Field-based course -to be advised at a later date).
- Teacher: Tippawan Liabsuetrakul